Monday, June 3, 2013

A LOOK AT MY MONDAY MORNING

Early morning irrigation - trusty shovel tucked under my leg for the 4-wheeler ride up the field.



A spring perk - wild iris - my mom used to call them "flags"- blooming in the middle of the hay field with the snow covered mountains in the background.




I'm getting much better at setting dams - so much so that I may even add it to my professional resume'!



Water going in 1 of four gardens.  I'll leave it there for 2 hours then move on the the next.  It's a challenge to provide all the food for the humans and the animals in desert county at over 6,000' elevation.  Sometimes you make it....sometimes you don't.

 
Monday morning laundry.  Because we live off-grid and provide all our own electricity, solar/line clothes drying is the only option.  It doesn't take long in our breezy country to dry and soften them all at the same time.

8 comments:

  1. You live such an interesting life and am so glad I get to see it often now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not easy to leave a comment! had to put my google password in.

    does open ID mean anonymous..when leaving a comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know? I'll see if I can make it easier.

      Delete
  3. I fondly remember the good old irrigation days. None of that here. All the irrigation comes from groudwaer wells. Your garden is coming along great! I like the little 4 wheeler shadow : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most days are great - but there are the times when it's more "irritation" than "irrigation". Do they have pivot sprinklers there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, finding water must be the toughest thing out there and i love the washing on the line! We work hard don't we. i love the kittens above too! So sweet. have a lovely evening Marcia honey.. c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like drying clothes on the line, even when the temperatures are near freezing. I do use my dryer on rainy or sub-freezing days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I have a couple of wooden racks that I use in the winter close by the wood stove - still takes 24 hrs. + to get everything dry....we just don't change clothes very often in the winter :)

      Delete