Sunday, June 9, 2013

HOME!

We just returned from a very quick and sad trip to Minnesota to attend Rob's dad's memorial service.  It was a time for lots of family catching up, tears, laughter and memories.  I so appreciate son Jeff and grandson Austin staying here nights and doing chores. It's hard to be gone when so much depends on you!  

I noted a couple of things while back in the fast paced world....

*I was SOOO out of place on the airplane when I took out my actual paperback book among all the e-books, kindel readers, i-pads, i-phones, smart phones (and I'm sure I misnamed some of those)

*You can eat ALL sorts of ethnic food in ANY terminal in Denver - and WOW!  $3.00 for a bottle of water and $9.00 for a sandwich.

*There are SO many people in and around large cities ... all hurrying to be somewhere else.


My "to-do" list is very long for today - best get started.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Marcia and Rob.

    When I moved to CA from Worland..where I'd moved back to from KS...I was horrified by the freeway traffic! I avoid it at all costs...even now.

    I am so happy Jeff lives near you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. When the girls went on their first ever flight a few weeks ago - they had bags/suitcases that had no (gasp) wheels! OMG that was so 80's. Glad you had someone to do chores. I dare not go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a roller bag that I used when I worked for the airlines - but it has developed a flat spot on one wheel - made it interesting trying to hurry from one end of the Denver airport to the other to catch a flight. Jeff & Austin did a great job with chores, but I'm really playing catchup now with mowing, watering, irrigating, and weeding among lots of other things.

    ReplyDelete